Washington’s Headquarters State Historic Site
General George Washington used this fieldstone residence overlooking the Hudson River for his military headquarters from April 1, 1782, to August 19, 1783, with only a few short absences. This was the longest period he spent at any headquarters throughout the war. He wrote his address quelling the Newburgh Conspiracy while residing here. The house, sometimes referred to as the Hasbrouck House, was constructed in phases beginning in 1750, and is now a New York State Historic Site and National Historic Landmark.


