MEDIA
George Parker Homes (Hopkins-Tancil Courts)
Original Author: The Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority
Created: November 1984
Medium: Printed photograph

George Parker Homes (Hopkins-Tancil Courts)

These two-story brick buildings in Alexandria were originally constructed for military housing in 1942 but were later converted into public housing. Most of their occupants were displaced Black former residents of the neighborhood nicknamed the “Berg.” First called the George Parker Homes, the project was renamed the Hopkins-Tancil Courts in the 1980s. They are still in use as public housing.