Justices of the United States Supreme Court from Virginia
The following Virginians served as justices on the United States Supreme Court:
- John Blair (1731–1800), appointed by George Washington and served September 30, 1789–October 25, 1795. Resigned.
- John Marshall (1755–1835), appointed chief justice by John Adams and served February 4, 1801–July 6, 1835. Died in office.
- Bushrod Washington (1762–1829), appointed by John Adams and served September 29, 1798–November 26, 1829. Died in office.
- Philip Pendleton Barbour (1783–1841), appointed by Andrew Jackson and served March 15, 1836–February 25, 1841. Died in office.
- Peter V. Daniel (1784–1860), appointed by Martin Van Buren and served March 3, 1841–May 31, 1860. Died in office.
- Lewis Franklin Powell Jr. (1907–1998), appointed by Richard Milhous Nixon and served January 7, 1972–June 26, 1987. Resigned.