Original Author: Cornelius Tiebout, engraver, J. Anderson, artist
Created: May 1790
Medium: Prints, Engraving
This engraving from the May 1790 issue of New-York Magazine shows the main building of Columbia College, facing Murray Street. It is a symmetrical, Georgian-style structure. The college, which had been known as Kings College prior to the American Revolution, had been re-chartered as Columbia College in 1784.