MEDIA
Western State Hospital
Original Author: Department of Historic Resources
Created: Twentieth century
Medium: Photograph

Western State Hospital

This twentieth-century photograph depicts buildings at Western State Hospital in Staunton. The hospital, initially called Western Lunatic Asylum, began admitting patients in 1828; it was renamed Western State Hospital in 1894. The hospital was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1969 (this photograph was taken as part of the nomination process). In the 1970s, Western State Hospital moved to a new location. 

Sponsors  |  View all