Central Portion – Academical Building, University of Virginia, Charlottesville. Va.
An 1896 blueprint shows the central portion of the Academical Building (later known as Cabell Hall) at the University of Virginia as designed by Stanford White of the New York architectural firm of McKim, Mead & White. Cabell Hall contained a public hall, and was one of three buildings that closed off the south end of the Lawn, which had been left open in Thomas Jefferson's original design.
Citation: McKim, Mead & White architectural drawings, RG-31/1/2:2.872, Special Collections, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.