Medium: Wet collodion glass-plate negative; one half of stereograph
Publisher: Library of Congress Prints & Photographs Division
Confederate White House
Union soldiers stand in front of the wartime residence of Confederate president Jefferson Davis and his family. The house, known as the White House of the Confederacy, is located on East Clay Street in Richmond. This glass-plate image was made by an unknown photographer in 1865, not long after Union forces captured Richmond.