MEDIA
Ruins of Gaines's Mill
Original Author: John Reekie
Created: April 1865
Medium: Wet collodion glass-plate negative; stereograph
Publisher: Library of Congress Prints & Photographs Division

Ruins of Gaines’s Mill

This stereographic image, taken sometime shortly after the Seven Days' Battles (June 25–July 1, 1862), shows the remains of Gaines's Mill. Union and Confederate forces fought there on June 27.

Sponsors  |  View all