Original Author: Elvatrice P. Belsches, photographer
Medium: Digital photograph
Virginia Randolph Museum
This brick building in Henrico County was built in 1937 as the Virginia Cardwell Cottage, which housed home economic classes for the Virginia E. Randolph Training School, later the Virginia Randolph High School. Virginia Randolph, an educator and social activist, reportedly had an office in this building. In 1970 this structure became the site of the Museum in Memory of Virginia E. Randolph. It is listed on both the Virginia Landmarks Registry and the National Register of Historic Places. Randolph died in 1958 and is buried on the grounds.