MEDIA
Ammunition for "Mosby's Men"
Original Author: Confederate States Laboratory
Created: ca. 1864
Medium: Cartridge box
Publisher: Museum of the Confederacy

Ammunition for “Mosby’s Men”,The Museum of the Confederacy

A handwritten note on the back of a box of cartridges produced at the Confederate States Laboratory in Richmond indicates that this was the last round of ammunition sent to Colonel John Singleton Mosby's cavalrymen in 1864. The cartridges contained in the package were designed for use in pistols.

Sponsors  |  View all