Created: Probably late nineteenth or early twentieth century
Medium: Photographic print
Henry Martin Next to the University Chapel
Henry Martin, the head janitor and bell-ringer at the University of Virginia, stands next to the university chapel, where the bell that marks time on grounds is located. The bell was originally in the Rotunda, but moved to the chapel after the Rotunda was extensively damaged in a fire on October 27, 1895.
Citation: U.Va. prints and photographs file. Accession #RG-30/1/10.011. Prints01467. Special Collections, University of Virginia Library, Charlottesville, Va.